Extra fluffy and satisfying, these pancakes are a delicious dish to impress all Moms and show them how much you care.
What you need:
* Cast iron pan (or non stick)
* Micro plane
* Pancake batter (Homemade recipe below, or opt for store-bought Bisquick in a pinch)
* Berry jam (Homemade recipe below, or purchase your favorite jam like blueberry or lingonberry)
* Brunost cheese (Also known as Gjeost cheese. Ski Queen is a brand you can find at Whole Foods)
* Whipped cream
* Powdered sugar
1. Heat your well seasoned cast iron pan to medium heat.
2. Once hot, add butter and make sure the pan is fully coated. The butter should bubble without turning black.
3. For a large pancake add 1 cup of batter and cook until the bottom is golden brown. Note: regardless which batter you are using, it should be a very thick batter. Think scoopable not pourable.
4. Flip the pancake in the pan and quickly use the micro plane to grate the brunost cheese over the top. Let the pancake cook on the other side until the bottom is golden brown. Note: cheese should be cold when you grate it to save you hardship and a mess.
5. Put on a plate, top with jam and whipped cream, and garnish with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
OPTIONAL #1: Buttermilk Pancake Batter (yields 6 large pancakes)
* 438 g. “00” flour
* 21 g. baking powder
* 6 g. baking soda
* 4 g. Salt
* 88 g. Sugar
* 85 g. butter, melted
* 6 ea. whole eggs
* 2 cups buttermilk
1. Mix all dry ingredients well in a mixing bowl.
2. Slowly whisk in the butter.
3. Mix all wet ingredients well in a mixing bowl.
4. Mix wet into dry until fully combined.
OPTIONAL #2: Berry Jam
* 2 cups strawberries (stemmed and quartered)
* 2 cups blueberries
* 2/3 cup light brown sugar
* 1 cup water
1. Combine all ingredients in a pan and cook on low heat until a jam like consistency.