If you are more into a Mediterranean-style brunch buffet, go above-and-beyond by making homemade hummus. With so many possible pairings, it’s an Israeli brunch staple.
What you need:
* Food processor
* 2 1/4 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight (or canned, if needed)
* 1 cup raw tahini
* 1 1/4 cup water
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 clove garlic
1. Put strained chickpeas, salt, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in the food processor, and blend for 20 seconds until mixed.
Add half of the tahini and water to the blended mixture, and mix again for 30 seconds.
2. While mixing for 30 seconds, add the rest of the tahini and water.
3. Remove the lid, and scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure all of the ingredients are blending together. Continue mixing or pulsing until all ingredients are blended to a smooth texture.
4. Garnish as desired, and serve!